Pets are considered part of the family in many homes.
- Follow these steps to prepare your pets for a fire.
- Practice your home fire escape plan with the entire family, including your pets.
- Make an emergency kit: not only do humans need emergency kits but so do our pets.
- Keep pets near entrances to your home when you are away, where firefighters can locate them in case of emergency.
- Display a pet safety window cling & write down the number of pets inside your home. Don’t forget to keep it updated.
This will help firefighters help your pet!
This information has been provided by Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation.